Battery Duration Times
SimplyGo’s battery times vary depending on which operating mode (Pulse or Continuous Flow) is being used and which setting is selected in the operating Mode. SimplyGo is designed to allow easy access to the battery so that it is easy to swap out and utilize extra batteries (sold separately) as needed. Extra batteries fit easily into the zippered pouch of the carrying case or in the handy accessories bag. Additionally, extra batteries can be charged in the external battery charger (sold separately) or in the SimplyGo device (see the “Charging the Battery with the AC Power Supply” section), allowing maximum flexibility to meet your specific battery needs.
The following shows the approximate battery durations for Pulse flow settings at 20 BPM and Continuous Flow settings when the battery is fully charged. Your times may vary based on your activity level, the condition of the batteries, and the age of your SimplyGo device.
Inserting and Removing the Batteries
Your SimplyGo device comes with one rechargeable lithium ion battery. To insert it correctly, follow these steps.
- Place your device in a well ventilated location and make sure it is turned off.
Note: The SimplyGo device is shipped from the factory with the battery removed.
Caution: Only remove the battery when the SimplyGo is turned off. Never remove the battery while the device is operating.
- To remove the battery, insert your fingers into the opening in the battery handle. Steadily pull upward on the handle until the battery is released from the enclosure. Continue to lift the battery until it is entirely removed from the battery compartment. If the device has been operating, the surfaces may be warm to the touch. This is normal.
- Check the battery gauge (shown below). To do so, press the white button (shown below) on the battery and watch how many LEDs light up. If the batteries are low, you can recharge them. See the Charging the Battery with AC Power Supply section.
- To insert the battery, insert your fingers into the opening in the battery handle and grip the handle between your fingers and thumb. Position the battery over the battery compartment in the top, rear corner of the SimplyGo enclosure with your fingers pointing toward the handle. The battery compartment is shaped so that there is only one way the battery can be inserted and this will align the battery correctly. Lower the battery into its compartment until the handle contacts the equipment enclosure. Firmly push on the battery handle until it snaps into place in the enclosure top.
- After the battery is inserted, check to make sure the battery handle is level with or slightly below the top of the plastic case.
- Momentarily depress the Power key, and the following should occur:
- The LCD and the 5 Key backlights turn ON
- The screen shown here displays on the LCD
If you do not see the battery symbol or the device does not turn On, the battery is not installed correctly. Re-insert the battery and make sure it snaps in place.
Charging the Battery with the AC Power Supply
Important: The first time you charge the battery, be sure to charge it fully. Do not use the DC power cord to do so; instead use AC power.
Note: The battery will begin charging whenever you connect the device to an AC outlet, even if you’re using it.
To charge the battery using the AC Power Cord provided with your system, follow these steps.
- Connect the AC Power Supply’s output cable to the SimplyGo power input connector.
- Connect the AC Power Cord’s connector into the AC power supply.
- Connect the AC Power Cord’s plug into an AC outlet installed to meet national or regional electrical code.
Note: As soon as you connect the device to an energized AC power source, the light on the AC Power Supply lights up. The cooling fan will turn on when the battery begins to charge. This is normal. The fan will run the entire time it is charging to keep the battery cool.
- When charging is complete (this takes four hours or less), disconnect the AC Power Supply and store it with the AC Power Cord for future use.
Note: Replacement and spare batteries are available separately. For information, contact your home care provider.
Note: An optional SimplyGo Smart Battery Charger/Recalibrator (sold separately) is available for your system. For more information, contact your home care provider.
Caring for your Battery
Handle your battery with care.
- Do not allow the battery’s terminals to touch together as this will cause it to fail.
- Do not immerse the battery in water.
- Do not disassemble or deform the battery.
- Do not expose to, or dispose of, the battery in fire.
- Avoid exposing the battery to excessive physical shock or vibration (dropping, etc.).
- Keep all batteries out of the reach of children.
- Do not use any battery that has been damaged in any way.
- Always charge the battery in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions, using specified chargers only.
- Do not use modified battery chargers.
- An optional, external charger/calibrator can be purchased to recalibrate the battery. Contact your home care provider for more information.
Lithium ion batteries can be stored from -4° F (-20° C) to 140° F (+60° C) at up to 80% relative humidity. However, they are best stored below 70° F (21° C) in a cool, dry, well-ventilated facility free from corrosive gas or vapor.
Storage at temperatures above 113° F (45° C), such as in a hot car, may degrade battery performance and reduce battery life. Storage at low temperatures may affect initial battery performance.